Monday, November 21, 2011

Updates and Needles

The most recent appointment was a GREAT appointment! We got some pretty good news and I wanted to share those with you. They did another ultrasound to check his ventricles and to try to get a measurement of the lesion. Well Joey wasn't having anything do with this ultrasound. He wasn't very helpful. He even punched the tech when she was pushing to hard. He still won't uncross his legs but they did say that it definitely looked like both feet were clubbed which we assumed anyway. Dr. J came in and told us that his ventricles haven't gotten any larger, still at 14. Which is fantastic news and as long as they stay that way he can be born at full term...yahoo! He also said it looked like he has movement in his hips and there is definite muscle mass in his calves. I swear after that news we were on cloud nine! He really is proving spina bifida isn't going to keep him down and I know he will be a very strong and determined little boy!! Take that Spina Bifida!!

As for me, I had my monthly wellness check up and everything is looking fine. My blood pressure was normal and I haven't gained too much weight (regardless of what my clothes tell me). But they needed to do the glucose screening that they do by 28 weeks. So I drank that sugary drink and had my blood drawn. The nurse also wanted to give me a flu shot, so yet another needle. Which they don't bother me but Matt on the other hand is a different story. I swear I think they should do the same thing to the fathers that the mothers have to go through...seems only fair right? :) Anyway I got a call later that my I failed my glucose screening so they need me to fast and come in tomorrow to do the three hour glucose test to make sure I don't have diabetes. More sugary drink and needles. Hope Matt can make it through it!

1 comment: