Monday, November 21, 2011

Here we come Philly!

The next couple of days after we found out about our Joey there were a whirlwind of emotions and lots of decisions that needed to be made. I didn't sleep the night after our appointment with the fetal medicine doctor so I did some internet research.

I typed into Google, "Best hospital for spina bifida" The first post that came up was the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP). I showed Matt and then it was like a roller coaster. Before I knew it we were all packed up and in the car headed for Philadelphia.

Matt is originally from Maryland and his family lives on the Maryland/Pennsylvanian boarder. So we knew we would have a place to stay. We have a wonderful connection (Matt's sister's fiance) and he helped set us up with an evaluation at CHOP for fetal surgery. We weren't sure if we would even be candidates for fetal surgery. But we felt like we must do everything we can for this precious baby. And if means relocating to a new place and being away from my family for a while then so be it.

My family and friends have been more than supportive. As a matter of fact, we showed my dad the CHOP website and he was very impressed, he told us to go as soon as we can! So over the next few days I think my emotions were all over the place. On the next post I will give you some insight to the most emotional days of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment