Monday, November 28, 2011

Turkey, baby presents, and oh yeah more needles!

So this past Thursday was Thanksgiving and we had a pretty good one. I mean how lucky am I to be pregnant during the greatest eating holidays of the year...first Halloween, Thanksgiving, and then Christmas. Joey was very happy needless to say! I was very sad that I was away from home for Thanksgiving especially since I have NEVER been away during Thanksgiving. But it was great. I cooked the sides and we had a delicious juicy turkey. The only thing missing was my Mammow's pecan pie :( And I refused to buy one from the store. I think it would have just made me mad. Luckily for Christmas my wonderful dad is coming up and I can't wait! I have never been more excited then to see him! We haven't been apart this long but having Matt really helps. When I am feeling down and homesick, he is always there to make me feel better and make me laugh. He always makes me laugh...gosh I love that man. 

Anyway back to my story....I got a fantastic surprise baby shower Saturday that really was a surprise. I mean I had NO idea and still can't believe Matt was able to keep it a secret for so long. I was under the impression that it was a bridal meet and greet for my sister in law. And I will have to completely honest here and tell you that I had gotten a fresh batch of crazy baby hormones that morning. I was in a fowl mood. I had even told Matt that I really didn't feel like being social and he just let me carry on and on knowing the whole time what was going on. Very sneaky sneaky sir. Well, we got to his mom's house and I walked in and SURPRISE!! There it was. Decorations, food, and my northern family. It was so great. Joey got all kinds of goodies. We got a mini crib to keep up north and the cutest pack and play with safari animals. Then my all time favorite gift was the glider rocker with matching foot rest. We also got lots of clothes and a swing. It was great! I am very excited to use all those gifts! Can't wait for him to get here!!


Now about those darn needles. Good news is I am NOT diabetic :) Bad news is I have a bruise on my left arm that is still there. I looked like a pin cushion. I still can't believe that I made it twelve hours without food or drink. I also can't believe that Matt made it through either. When we got to the hospital I insisted on Matt eating breakfast because I still wanted to be married after this test. When we are both hungry we can be rather hostile with one another. So I didn't want to take any chances. It was definitely the longest three hours of my life. But since Matt was there it made it tolerable. I am just happy I made it out alive.


30 week
Well, Joey has been moving and rolling and getting excited about meeting everyone! It is so funny when I am laying down and we can see him move from one side to the other. Matt gets a little freaked out but it's fun none the less! We have another doctor's appointment on Thursday but it's not for Joey, it's for me. One of the many doctors we have to meet before Joey gets here. And next weekend we have a 3d/4d ultrasound in Pennsylvania and I can't wait! More to come then! :) 

2 comments:

  1. WOW! What a great shower! and surprise!!!!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley, I appreciate your sharing this information with us. I enjoy learning what all is going on with you, Matt and Baby Joey. I continue to pray for each of you. Granny

    ReplyDelete