Saturday, March 10, 2012

Georgia on my mind....

Well I know there hasn't been a post in a while but The Moore's have been busy as bees. Joey recovered nicely from his shunt surgery and there hasn't been (*knocking on wood*) any issues with it. It does look gigantic on his tiny little baby head, and he is still bald where they shaved his head. But no issues medically. Praise God!

This past weekend we traveled to Georgia for all of my family to see Joey and we needed to grab somethings to bring back with us. We had such a fun time. And it made me realize how much I really do miss the South. Of course I go some delicious Mr. Chick. I do believe I ate there for every meal I could. It was so good and greasy! I miss grease. :) The North just doesn't have food that delicious up here. Actually funny story about the Northern food...a friend of ours wanted to cook us some "fried chicken" since we had been talking about how much we missed Mr. Chick. Well he was so proud of himself- he laid out his chicken and said, "Enjoy! Its ten times better than anything you would get down there!" While I will admit, it was good. But bless him...they were chicken cutlets battered in bread crumbs and I do believe they were baked or broiled in olive oil.

Yep. You read that right.
Nothing in that previous sentence says FRIED CHICKEN! :)

Anyway I digress. We got to see all of my family and they all got to hold him for the first time. It was great. My dad didn't even get a picture with Joey when he was born so it was fun watching him interact with him. He kept saying, "Papa..Papa..Papa...Syrupmakers...Syrupmakers" As if Joey was just going to repeat everything he said. It was cute though. Joey also got to meet his other Great Grandmother. And she was smitten. My mom actually made the drive back with me and is staying for a week to help us get some stuff in order. It's been nice having her here. She's helped out a lot with Joey. I swear though he's gained like 5 pounds since she's been here!

Speaking of gaining weight...what would this blog be if I didn't tell you about the drama that follows us around like the plague? The day before we left for GA, we had a doctor's appointment at CHOP for his recasting and I noticed he dropped about 5 ounces since the last time he was weighed a week ago. So I called his pediatrician and got an appointment later in the day. I told the doctor about how Joe's been spitting up a lot lately and I didn't think he was gaining any weight and a couple of times he even projectile spit up. Well when I told her that she said, " Oh NO! I have to send you guys to the ER. That sounds like he may have pyloric stenosis." Pyloric stenosis is the muscle between the stomach and intestines and sometimes it gets too tight and when babies eat food it just comes up because it has no where to go. It was something that if Joey had  he would have emergency surgery. So we headed over to the hospital to the ER and after waiting FIVE hours and one ultrasound later we found out that he does NOT have pyloric stenosis! Just really bad reflux and would now be eating rice cereal mixed with his formula and taking zantac like a little old man :) He is doing so much better and hasn't spit up at all with it. And now he weighs a little over 8 pounds. He's becoming my little chunky monkey! 

We also just returned from Joey's weekly recasting and scheduled his surgery for correcting his clubbed feet. It's going to be March 29 and we should only have to stay over night. He also had a follow up with the urologist. They did a study on his bladder to see how it works by using a catheter and dye and filling his bladder up. Then they used imaging to watch and see how it reacts. Well the good news is his bladder is contracting like it is supposed to and he is pushing to urinate. Which is GREAT!! Unfortunately his muscle below his bladder is too tight and it is making it difficult for him to urinate consistently. They also found he has two hernias that will have to be corrected. So when they go in to fix those, the urologist is going to inject a shot of botox into that muscle to help it relax. Sadly, that won't be a permanent fix but it will help make it easier for a while. 

Okay well that is what's happening in the wonderful world of the Moores. Hopefully things are going to slow down soon after the two surgeries and then we can relax....I hope! Anyway please enjoy these wonderful pictures from Georgia! 

The Grands!  

Papa holding Joey for the 1st time! 

Mimmie holding Joey! 

Uncle Trey 

Joey's Great Grandmother

Aunt Cassie...hate we missed her mini me!

And just for fun....



No comments:

Post a Comment